I always make double the amount because ravioli freezes really well. So for this recipe I used 400g of flour and 4 eggs as our previous recipe for making the dough but used half the quantity, click here
I have chosen a classic ravioli filling of spinach and ricotta. When you buy ravioli from the supermarket, this filling can be tasteless, when you make it from fresh, it tastes amazing!
When cooking pasta always salt the water!
So you will need the following ingredients:
-1 egg yoke
-handful of fresh parsley
-250g fresh ricotta
-2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
-50g frozen spinach
-Salt & Pepper
This isn't a conventional sauce, but the roasted vegetables make such a tasty sauce from the roasting juices, once they are roasted add a few tablespoons of the fresh pesto and this sauce is amazing!
2. Roast the peppers & whole garlic with a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper, approx 30mins
3. While the peppers roast, mix ricotta, egg, cheese, spinach and season, into a paste
4. Using a pasta machine, roll out 4 60cm lengths of pasta sheets to the thinest setting
5. Lay out the 4 sheets, on one sheet place half a teaspoon of filling every 10cm in 2 rows, use another sheet to place ontop. Pinch the air around every ravioli and seal to the edges. Repeat using the other 2 sheets. Cut into ravioli squares. Sprinkle with flour, top and bottom, and keep on greaseproof paper.
6. Add tomatoes on the vine to the peppers.
7. Use your largest suacepan, boil salted water.
8. Once the water is boiling, drop each ravioli in, cook for 2 minutes, drain carefully.
9. Remove tomatoes & peppers and add pesto.
10. Plate up ravioli and spoon roasted vegetables & pesto over each ravioli.
Serve with fresh crusty bread, fresh grated parmesan and a lovely glass of red wine! Voila!!